Maple syrup – the sweetest of all sweeteners
Maple Syrup, one of the most common sweetener is replacing sugar as the most widely used sweetener in North America .The extraction and making process of maple syrup is a traditional practice in North America and till today it is a common practice in homes where maple trees are grown for this purpose only.
Maple syrup acts a good local supply for sweetener and offers advantages over sugar which needs to be imported from other locations and it is the reason basically behind the emergence of wholesale maple syrup business in different parts of North America and Canada.
A maple syrup is rich in various minerals and is beneficial for health at large if taken in moderate quantity. The minerals found in maple syrup are:
- iron and Magnesium
These minerals are all present in maple syrup in different percentages which has provided different benefits to body in keeping the body healthy and disease free.
Different uses of maple syrup-
- It is widely used for eating purpose like Grade A maple syrup is used for eating.
- Maple syrup can also be used as sweeteners in baking cakes and pan cakes.
- Maple syrup can also be used to make bread pudding and for adding flavors to different kinds of desserts and sweet dishes.
Advantages of using maple syrup in comparison to sugar –
- Rich is antioxidants, it can help in getting rid of various inflammatory diseases and cancer and diabetes.
- A natural maple syrup can add to the taste of your dish and also provides a healthy option in the form of sweetener.
Maple syrup is increasingly preferred by people as their first choice of sweetener and if the possible varieties of maple trees can be grown in areas where maple syrup is not popular, the production of maple syrup can be achieved in these areas which will give people an option to choose from their favored type of sweetener.